CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR Policy)
We take our responsibility for our staff and our working practices very seriously. At ADDER HILL, CSR is significant to our core values.
Our aim at is to provide total customer satisfaction. We will do this by ensuring that all of our internal arrangements are practices that are suitable for this purpose. In order to achieve this we are working towards adopting and operating a co-ordinated Quality System.
We have the responsibility to ensure that all personnel engaged in tasks which can influence quality are aware of their obligations under the standard and are provided with adequate resources to meet them.
Maximum effort is directed toward providing a satisfactory product at the first attempt, whilst ensuring that problems which might arise are solved in a timely and professional manner. All employees will be encouraged to seek improvements to the Company Quality System, its products and services.
The achievement of this objective will be measured by examining customer complaints and non-conformances, controlling supplier performance, and by implementing corrective and preventive actions, and monitoring their effectiveness.
We will ensure that this policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the compared and adherence to the Quality System and Procedures will become a condition of employment within our company.
What we plan to do to help save our planet.
Like all responsible companies, we recognise the importance of protecting the environment.
We intend to work towards a better environment through the business practices we encourage and through the products we offer.
Our environmental mission statement is to:
Prevent pollution & minimise the impact of our activities upon the environment in the delivery of our services and where applicable, in the activity of others in deploying those services.
As part of our environmental policy, we are committed to:
• Reduce waste in every aspect of our business by utilising technologies which minimise energy and materials consumption
• Ensure that our employees understand the part they play in the achievement of our goals through effective training and communication at all levels
• Ensure that our suppliers are fully aware of this policy and request them to adopt similar practices
• Ensure wherever possible that the products we sell are recyclable and the materials we use are recycled
• Meet or exceed all relevant local, national and EU legislations in all locations.
The company is committed to attaining ISO14001 during 2010/2011 and part of this process will include the implementation of an appropriate environmental management system (EMS)
• Monitor our use of water and energy and waste sent to landfill
• Practise waste minimisation, with an emphasis on reuse and recycling and encourage our suppliers and customers to do likewise
• Minimise our impact on the environment through careful selection and use of our company vehicles
• Ensure the environmental performance of our business is monitored and reported on against meaningful targets on a regular basis
• Engage our staff around environmental issues
ADDER HILL is committed to reduce its environmental impact, where practicable.
Carbon reducing measures will form an integral part of the overall Company Strategy and will help to improve operational performance and a reduction in potentially harmful emissions to land, water and air.
Our aim is for a 0% carbon balance to be achieved within a realistic and achievable period.
Target date will be set once the directors have analysed all business operations.
To help achieve carbon neutrality, the Company will;
• Comply with all current energy legislation, seeking to meet or better legislative targets
• Minimise waste, promote recycling, and the use of recycled products to help reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill
• Continue to promote and design energy efficient, and therefore carbon reducing equipment, on behalf of clients
• Promote environmental awareness and responsibility amongst employees and others and seek to continuously improve Company environmental performance
• Actively promote “video conferencing” as a means of reducing travelling
• Evaluate the potential benefits of carbon off-setting
Actions developed to date include;
• Integration of environmental issues into all aspects of the decision making processes
• Sustainable sourcing Purchasing Policy
• Installation of energy efficient, and therefore carbon reducing equipment throughout Company premises
• Vehicle sharing policy
• The assessment and procurement of fuel efficient vehicles
This policy clearly identifies the responsibilities and procedures for achieving the Company’s stated objectives in all aspects of its activities leading to improved environmental performance, including reductions in both CO2, and methane emissions.
Health and Safety
Our statement of general policy is:
• To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
• To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
• To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
• To ensure safe handling and use of substances
• To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
• To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training
• To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
• To maintain safe and healthy working conditions
• To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular interviews
Code of Ethics
Our Code of Ethics is enshrined in the values of good humanity and governance.
We encourage and foster leadership with a vision to focus on leveraging opportunities and meeting challenges.
We are committed to benchmark our success with excellent customer service by attaining, delivering and maintaining the highest standards of quality and cost-effective services and products.
We ensure fair recruitment, enhanced performance, promotions and improved quality of life for employees. Enable each employee to develop his or her full potential with a shared sense of direction, with a well-defined accountability and responsibility.
We commit to the provision of a good working environment that promotes well-being, equity, dignity and respect across diverse cultures.
We provide excellence in delivering our services with passion in all of our businesses with a focused approach.
Active participation and support of initiatives that benefit the communities we work in.
Our Business ethics are based on honesty, trust and commitment towards achieving organizational goals.